OT: nVidia driver [was: Wish list] -- nVidia doesn't own a lot of the IP

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Jun 12 19:01:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 13:35 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> You don't have to support it -- not one finger.  But you do have to
> understand why others might want it.  That's what the term "freedom to
> choose" means.

Chosing slavery is not a freedom, it's waiving freedom.

Likewise, accepting non-Free(dom) terms is not freedom of choice, but
subjugation to somebody else's power over you.

In the case of 3d binary drivers, they're exploiting your craving for
3D, and providing it at cost of your loss of freedom.

It is your choice, in fact, but not much different than the choice a
chemically (3D) addicted person has over buying the chemical to the
local dealer.

You may get the appeasing visions, but in the end you'll eventually
suffer, and you seem to like enticing others to do it, which is
reprehensible.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?