OT: nVidia driver -- everything but open source is slavery?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl4 at iadonisi.to
Mon Jun 13 19:25:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 14:14 -0500, Bryan J. Smith  wrote:

[snip]

> What "cause"?
>
> The "cause" that sometimes people have the right to choose?
> That people do have the right to innovate and be granted patents?

  The last half of that second sentence is where I don't think you are
going to find much support on this list for.  And do not be so arrogant
as to assume that those of us who disagree with you on this point have
not, in fact, looked at all sides of the argument.  We've just come to a
different conclusion than you.  You've posted your points, and I don't
think continuing to reiterated them is going to win over many, if *any*
people on this list.
  At the risk of being accused of trying to 'silence' you, I'm now
politely asking that you take this discussion elsewhere...privately if
anyone is willing to exchange email with you on the topic.  We've wasted
enough bandwidth on this already.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 System Administrator IV