Grub problem after FC4 (xfs) install ?

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon Jun 20 09:14:30 UTC 2005

Il giorno dom, 19-06-2005 alle 15:34 -0500, Jerone Young ha scritto:
> I could be wrong but I don't think grub works with xfs.
On fc1,fc2,fc3 grub with xfs always work.
After install, when the "install boot loader" loops :-(, switch on C+A
+F2, killall grub, chroot /mnt/sysimages, and grub-install /dev/hdX.

On fc4 grub some time not work.
The previous procedure crash when do grub-install, when the grub read
the stage1 files.

I have solved (without reinstall all) replace /boot filesystem whit ext3
and rerun grub-install.

Someone is interested to get more details?
I known that xfs it is not 100% supported ... but it is a great fs!

Many thanks
--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>