Yet again: several missing update announcements

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Jun 21 13:33:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:18:17 -0400, Michael Tiemann wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> The talk Eric Raymond gave at FUDCon 1 included information about a pet
> project of his called "shipper" which is addressed at automating all of
> steps 1..5.  I have no idea if the script will work for you, but its
> existence shows that You Are Not Alone.

The problem addressed by shipper is much simpler. Automated uploading (or
submission to a few specific hardcoded backends like freshmeat) of files
and/or sending of e-mail announcements. It doesn't handle steps 2 and 3
(wait for somebody to sign and push the packages and then collect the
final package MD5 fingerprints for the announcement), if there is no
backend that allows for such automation, and if the specific release
process is not implemented in shipper anyway.

--
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
loadavg: 1.00 1.03 1.09