FC4 kernel performance

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Jun 24 07:19:06 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 21:26, Marcus Hartig <m.f.h at web.de> wrote:
> and not for my notebook/PC. Which really not needs Debugging, SELinux,
> RAID, 20 security features,.... No normal desktop user needs it. My girl

Lots of people use desktop workstations with RAID-1.  If you have two disks
then it has the potential to provide some significant advantages.  I've
avoided data loss in the past by using RAID-1 on workstations.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/102373/107/

I think that most workstations have dhclient running, it runs as root and the
dhcp code base has had security bugs before.  Bugs such as the above will be
minor issues instead of major issues if you are running SE Linux.