ITE 8212 and pwc drivers absent in Rawhide

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 14:22:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 09:09:27AM +0100, Peter Backlund wrote:
> IIRC, Alan Cox stepped up as a maintainer of the driver, and it's
> included in the -ac patchset.

I offered to, but there are other maintainers. I mostly offered to prove
Linus was being totally two faced about it. When he removed the driver at
the original authors request I asked him to remove all my code too because
his approach was offensive to me. He refused.

The new maintainer has not only taken over maintenance but has also replaced
the binary only modules with open source equivalents.