I want more CDs in the distribution

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Mar 2 00:05:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:06:01 -0500, Gerald Henriksen
> <ghenriks at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> > Given that the process of moving packages out of Core and into Extras
> > has already started it seems to me to be a bad move to release a
> > version of Fedora that can't deal with this fact.
>
> Packages leave Core with every release. Packages left rhl with every release.
> The fact that packages now have some place to go with they leave is
> actually progress.

The move of a large set of packages from Fedora Core to Fedora Extras is
in no way comparable to the few packages that in the past became
unmaintained and obsoleted.

I would even dare to say that in the past we've always had progress. And
I'm sure even Fedora Extras will have unmaintained and obsoleted packages.

Your point being ?