Freeradius 1.0.2

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Mar 4 05:07:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 12:55 +0800, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > > Our freeradius server guys were wondering if an updated .src.rpm was
> > > coming into rawhide soon? They are back compiling the fedora rpms to
> > > red hat enterprise 3 due to some security plan and development issues
> > > that require it.
> > >

> > yet another good reason to move freeradius to extras. :)
>
> I'd disagree. In a corporate environment I think a radius server is
> essential. I use it for auth for dialup, VPN, wireless and all sorts
> of other things so I don't need multiple user lists all around the
> place.

I agree it is essential! That's why you want someone maintaining it more
actively in extras. Someone who uses it every day, someone who relies on
it.

Red hat's people are great but rarely does a packager have to use all of
his/her packages every day. This is what extras gives us. The ability to
have the people most affected and most involved in the use of a package
maintaining it.

-sv