removing xcdroast (was Re: rawhide report: 20050304 changes)

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Fri Mar 4 18:16:57 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 08:17 -0500, Harnish, Joseph wrote:
> > I wouldn't mind if it were replaced with Graveman.
>
> I took a look at xcdroast for the first time in a very long
> time and I'm inclined to agree. Primitive as graveman is,
> it's much cleaner than xcdroast.

graveman is a nice "it just works" application. It also "just
works" for newbies.

It detects writers easily/automajicaklly.

It can convert ogg (& mp3...) to audio CD format, so files don't
need to be re-encoded by hand. The author said he'll
incorporate burning playlists to audio CDs too, after I
requested the feature.

It does DVDs.

It can copy CDs, with a straightforward interface.

The developer also will encorporate a "save project" feature in
future releases.

Did I mention it's simple yet featureful?

After trying a number of different burners, this is the one. It
has the features "experienced" burners want, yet is sooper easy
to use. It should be the stock burner, imho...

graveman +2 :)

-Jeff