Why is FC3 stuck with Thunderbird 0.9?

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Mar 5 18:37:02 UTC 2005

I know that this probably was already asked a million times, I don't
remember ever reading an answer?

Firefox already got several updates, for 1.0, 1.0.1 and now another
1.0.1, but Thunderbird never got any.

I've been using Thunderbird from development and it works just fine
(much better than FC3's firefox, which has a bunck of broken stuff in
comparison with the mozilla.org release), so I see no reason not to do
an update.

Another example is Mozilla, which has had some security issues fixed in
recent versions but FC3 never got past 1.7.3.

So, summing it up... is there any strong reason for not updating
Thunderbird on FC3?

--
Carlos Rodrigues

url: http://tudo-sobre-nada.blogspot.com