Including OO templates in fc4

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Mon Mar 7 18:09:46 UTC 2005

Hi

> I'm sory, but what a bollocks of an argument.

no. its not

> By this same reasoning, Redhat and Fedora would
> never have fooled with
> the menu layout for Gnome because what's good enough
> from upstream is
> good enough for RH/Fedora

actually the rules have changed. fedora has the
upstream mantra while redhat linux usually backported
security and bug fixes and generally acting more of a
middleman

> Gnome-desktop-backgrounds
> is officially part of gnome-2.10 so why isn't Fedora
> shipping it.  It's
> good enough for upstream.

good question. can any of the gnome developers in here
answer that and how about gnome system tools too

> So lets not argue that because OOo doesn't ship
> templates, Fedora
> shouldn't because history speaks otherwise.

much of the history doesnt apply to fedora

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram