rawhide report: 20050310 changes

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 19:05:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> From the perspective of Fedora project in general... this isn't a
> solution at all...  This issue of how to best maintain addon kernel
> modules is not going to go away... and giving Core developers an easy
> excuse to ignore the technical difficulties isn't going to help come up
> with consistent solutions to the problems.

Agreed, we want a better solution for building external
kernel modules.  There are dozens of GPL drivers out there
that would be good candidates for extras, and our own GFS
module.

While I don't have time myself to do everything for such
an infrastructure, I'd be more than happy to help out and
get such infrastructure ready to merge.  I'd imagine that
Chris might be interested, too ;)