hald causing stutters

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Mar 10 20:30:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 11:45 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> This should probably be fixed in hal then, no question about it.

That would be nice ;-]
>  The
> problem is that we don't get the ACPI events over the /proc/acpi/event
> channel so we have to poll (and, I, for one, hate polling as much as the
> next guy).
>
> It's probably worth seeing what the battery applets do; Rodd, what
> battery applet have you been using where this is not an issue? (before
> the new hal 0.5.0 package, that is)

I'm using the gnome battery applet included in gnome.  I've been using
this pre-0.5.0 and it wasn't giving me anything like this grief.

(/me thinks back and realizes that something had been blipping on his
CPU monitor about every five seconds but the blips had been miniscule
and hadn't affect performance (for me at least))

Rodd