A more efficient up2date service using binary diffs

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:36:49 UTC 2005

Some preliminary results from building a archive of rpm deltas from
the FC3 updates directory which are very encouraging. I've been
running it overnight (only a 750MHz P3) and it has built about 700
deltas so far.

Mean size of delta comparted to whole RPM: 13.5%
About half of the deltas are under 5% of whole RPM.
One in four are under 2% of the whole RPM.

I will post more detailed stats when I've completed this experiment.

Joe.