Alsa Drivers Missing In The FC4 Kernel

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Mar 13 20:39:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:26:49PM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
 > I'm looking at the configs in the 2.6.11-1.1177_FC4 kernel source rpm
 > and note that the hdsp alsa driver is "not configured," and the three
 > Echo Indigo drivers are not even mentioned.
 >
 > I'm wondering what's up with this. These happen to be my two preferred
 > devices right now. Anyone know?

When they first got merged they didn't build.
Same was true of quite a few options that have probably been
fixed since then. The config files need some review before FC4 final.

I've enabled CONFIG_SND_HDSP for the next build. What config options
relate to the other three drivers you mention ? Nothing obvious
jumps out at me, and grep -i indigo in the sound directory
turned up nothing.

		Dave