Status of USB install support in FC4 Test1?

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 22:58:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:56:36 +0100 Bernd Bartmann <bernd.bartmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> what's the status in FC4 Test1 for install support to USB storage
> devices. FC3 only seems to allow installation to USB storage devices
> in expert mode and even then you have to manually created an initrd
> with support for the USB storage modules. Is there any progress in
> this area planned for FC4?

No, I'm not aware of anything. Maybe Jeremy knows?

Also please pardon me asking, but why would you want this? It sounds like
a crackpot idea to me. Do you want to have something like Fedoppix on
a USB flash key? I am very interested to know what is the intended
application of such install.

Greetings,
-- Pete