usb_storage

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 11:28:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

> > Latest rawhide kernel, latest HAL, latest everything. My internal USB
> > card reader is not reading cards despite being happily recognised by
> > HAL.
>
> That reminds me of something. When i use my 5in1 usb cardreader
> (external), i have to unplug/plug it after i have inserted a new card
> before it would read it. Somebody told me it was some kind of kernel
> bug... Could you try that - and maybe open a bugzilla ticket?

I'm not seeing that on my laptop currently, only the one I've described
for the internal one.

(from dmesg)
usb 3-2: device not accepting address 4, error -110
usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
cdrom: open failed.
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
cdrom: open failed.
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
usb 3-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 7

What is error -110?

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the