Stateless linux

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:48:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:56:38 +0000, Peter Dedecker
<Peter.Dedecker at vtk2.ugent.be> wrote:
> Gaurav wrote:
> >        I am interested in stateless Linux project  and would like to
> > volunteer  for its beta tester ... I will try roll this out in my
> > brother's school and after that  co workers on my office plus also would
> > like to contribute to its development ....help it to take to next level :-)
>
> Nice
>
> > I would like to know what state this project is in ? is anybody involved
> > in active testing/ testing development ? Do you need beta tester ...
>
> It isn't in active development right now.  At Red Hat, they don't even
> know if they'll continue it.  But if they continue it, there'll be a
> team working on it.

Well maybe Red Hat should talk to they have been selling to  in the US
Government networks. There is a major need for a packaged conformed
stateless linux product for various networks. The defense department
and energy departments are needing to put 1000's of computers as
diskless nodes. Having say RHEL-4 with a stateless station should be a
good selling point.

> > all like minded (stateless  people ;-) ) pl let me know if interested
>
> You can see my experiences at
> http://blog.eikke.com/index.php/fedorastateless
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Peter Dedecker                      Peter.Dedecker at VTK.UGent.be
> Studentenvertegenwoordiger          VTK Computerpraeses
> Isabellakaai 124 - 9000 Gent        GSM: 0486/15.23.20
>

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator