Stateless linux

Jason Powers powers.jason at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 23 11:59:40 UTC 2005

My guess is it will still be in testing. We used it last year when the
docs on the site were still sort of current, and it worked pretty well
at my office. However, I am unable to contribute code, so if you don't
know how to read over the python it's hard to troubleshoot.

Try to get it from cvs and pick through the instructions on the project
site, it's fairly easy, but in order to use it for diskless terminals
you pretty much have to have control over your router (we don't).

Still, even with what's there it makes a good system for backups and
mass installs.

At the Fedora Conference in Boston, Havoc talked about it a bit, and
there was interest among the attendees, but I get the impression they
didn't have anyone outside redhat contributing code, so they weren't
really pursuing it.

It's a shame because it was a lot easier than LTSP to get configured.
I'm still going to use it here one way or another, but it could be six
months before I can sit down and add anything to their code.

Jason