FC3: gnome-libs API broken with 1.4.1.2.90-32

John Gotts jgotts at linuxsavvy.com
Tue Mar 29 09:40:31 UTC 2005

In message <20050329112357.4fac19ba.fedora at wir-sind-cool.org>, Michael Schwendt
 writes:

>What value did it return that made strcpy crash?

No idea, the strcpy crash is internal to gnome_file_entry_get_full_path().  The
bad change came in between -32 and -44 (see my other message).

>gnome_file_entry_get_full_path may return NULL, too, so your code (whether
>edited for brevity or not) should do some error checking at least.

The code had:

	if (strcmp(buf, "(null)") == 0)
		*buf = '\0';

Ugly, but it works.  At the time (and possibly still today)
gnome_file_entry_get_full_path() was undocumented, and this functionality was
not complete so I didn't spend a lot of time reverse engineering this function.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts at linuxsavvy.com>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts