kernel source code

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 30 13:24:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 12:48:50PM +0000, not disclosed wrote:

> - just because I use FC doesn't mean I am endowed with special pyschic
> powers that mean I (end user) automatically know what (you developer /
> packager) know and therefore it isn't reasonable to assume that I know
> where to put the link - it takes time to find this out and this is wasted
> time.

The Release Notes clearly state where the source tree is going to end up.
This is no excuse.

> I am detecting a degree of hostility from the posts I have received, a kind
> of "if you don't do it our way get stuffed" attitude which is rather
> unhelpful and rather charmless.  I am guessing that if this is

If you prefer helpful posts, then may I suggest:

- using a real name while communicating with us
- searching the archives before bringing this topic up yet another time
- reading the Release Notes
- sprouting stuff like "if you followed this to its conclusion then you would
  stop distributing most binaries." which I can't find to be very productive.

> representative of the powers that be in the FC development community that
> the chances of the the kernel source code  being put back in the distro are
> rather slim at this point.  In which case thanks very much for nothing,
> I'll find another distro.

Debian is the only distribution that packages kernel source as binaries, IIRC.

Emmanuel