Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue May 3 00:51:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 18:21 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> Hi.  I've got an ISO for quick testing of anaconda's X configuration
> setup available that's a little bit smaller than a full tree.  All you
> should have to do is download the ISO, burn it to a CD, boot and see if
> X starts up.  Then, you can reboot and go back to your normal doings.
>
> Note that this is entirely non-destructive.  So you can even run it if
> you are running OS X.  *ANY* results would be helpful.  Please be sure
> to include what you see happen as well as what type of hardware you're
> using (cpu, video, monitor).
>
> The iso is located at http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/mac-x-test.iso.
> The md5sum is 34234b3cdf2d89e4e94031a50f819285
>
> Thanks in advance for testing this and helping to make test3 (and thus,
> the Fedora Core 4 release) better on PPC hardware!

OK, I tried this on my Powerbook G4 12" 867MHz (the 1st generation PB12)
and X starts fine in 800x600x16 bit using the nv driver.

 Probing for video card:   NVIDIA GeForce 4 (generic)
 Probing for monitor type:   Unknown monitor
 Probing for mouse type:   Generic - 3 Button Mouse (PS/2)

Great work.

Cheers,
David