Stateless Debian Project

gaurav gauravp at hclcomnet.co.in
Tue May 3 13:38:31 UTC 2005

William Beebe wrote:

>How about putting this boundless energy into more timely releases of
>Debian?

pl note that Debian has versions Stable (1-2 yrs....like RHEL 18 months)
, testing (yearly), unstable(few months ...like fedora)....

>And did you ever stop to think that if stateless was dropped
>that there was a good reason to drop it?

As per  RH not enough volunteers ....lots of people other people (me
included)... there is lot of potential in the concept..I wrote many
mails regarding the status of Stateless Linux and offering to volunteer
but .....

> Why does Debian think it has
>to become the technological rat hole for abandoned fringe projects?
>Oh, I forgot. Debian is a fringe project.

No, my friend your mistaken ....Debian provides good platform  ...thats
why most Distro have their base on Debian than any other Distro (pl
visit distro watch)

Pl note this not porting project , we aim  extend the  existing  RH
Stateless Linux Project and code will run on any Distro (like fedora or
Redhat)...Debian just provides us stable platform (and many distro are
based on it)

Since this project was started by RH I like will welcome anyone who is
interested in joining this project :-)