Dell/Adaptec Raid Controller(aacraid)

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Fri May 6 16:54:07 UTC 2005

I have been screaming at Dell Tech Support over the last couple of weeks
trying to get them to at least acknowledge that there is a re-occuring
problem with their raid controller on the Poweredge 2650(they call the
adaptec controller a 3D/i).

We are running AS 3(R4) and Dell TS told us to not use the v1.1.5 of the
aacraid driver, but to use their driver(v1.1.4 based, but really a
completely different version).

I have been trying to get them to contact Red Hat, or the upstream
kernel maintainers for the module, but they(Dell) are being kind of "We
don't make these any more, go away!"

Here is the link to the Dell v1.1.4 driver and their "dkms" system
(glorified make).

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&releaseid=R71817&SystemID=PWE_FOS_XEO_2650&category=0&os=LE30&osl=en&deviceid=1375&devlib=35&fileid=93190

How do I propose a merge between the Dell v1.1.4 and the current v1.1.5
of the aacraid module in the 2.4 kernel?

Sean