Firefox etc. default homepage

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat May 7 13:34:18 UTC 2005

Hi

>Definitively. Perhaps giving the release notes when people ask for them,
>together with other documentation - and not try to "push it down their
>throat"?

Users do not ask for information like this typically because they arent
aware that its documented at all. A promiment display on the browser
isnt equivalent to "push it down their throat" . We might replace those
by a first login wizard which guides them through instead of the current
setup but it still requires a glaring display to make sure users wont
miss out.

"

Another reason to put it somewhere else, is to ensure it doesn't "get
lost" when the user changes his/her homepage to something more usefull..."

good point

"

Not every user is also an admin, and the stuff in the release-notes is
primarily meant for admins."

 I have been working on a more end user friendly version of the release
notes which can be used for non-root logins as the default page

regards
Rahul