%postun Error

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat May 7 14:53:54 UTC 2005

mbneto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latest updates complain about a postrun.  Seems rpm related.
>
> i.e
>  Cleanup   : ant                          ####################### [36/38]
> (ant-1.6.2-3jpp_5fc.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
>
> It occurs with other packages as well.

Hmm, I had this to when I did a piecemeal upgrade to rawhide, the fix
for me was to install the latest selinux libs (can't remember the proper
package name) or just make sure your system is fully uptodate with yum
-y. Better make sure this is fixex soon, because each post-uninstall
script which fails causes the old version of the package to stay in the
rpmdb.

After you've got this fixed you can rpm -qa |sort, look for duplictes
and rpm -e --dbonly the dups, this might cause problems if files we're
moved / removed, but not doing --justdb will nuke files from the newer
version.

Regards,

Hans