Standard yum configuration

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat May 7 18:30:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 15:01 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Some questions about the standard yum config:
> - Will the fedora/fedora-extras gpgkeys be added by default, or could
> the yum error message at least give some hints how to install them?
> Could it even ask "%s gpgkey not installed, would you like to install
> them now? [y/N]" like up2date? I think you must thrust RH anyway, as you
> allready has installed the whole OS packaged and signed by them...
> - Will fedora-extras.repo be included in /etc/yum.repos.d/ by default?
> Will it be enabled by default?
> - Will pup be installed by default? What will happen to up2date?

With my install of FC4T2 - extras was enabled by default, with a gpgkey=
defined so that it would fetch the key when needed.

With my http rawhide install (post fc4t2) that was not the case, but I
expect that because it was rawhide and not test.

I'm guessing that in fc4 both extras and core will be enabled in yum,
and both will import gpg key as needed. That is at least what it looks
like they are planning based on a fresh (not upgrade) fc4t2 install.