Firefox etc. default homepage

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat May 7 19:57:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 12:52 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> It might be even cooler to have some sort of "fedora portal" (I use that
> word with great reluctance, but I don't know a better one) as the
> default homepage... but that would take a lot more active resources
> than the release notes.

Default homepage should be a local file, not a web file.
It could have a link to external, but it should be local file.

Local file will work regardless of whether or not networking is up, dns
is working, etc.
Opening a new window is also much faster if it is from local file.

Perhaps a more informative page (but a local page) with links to
documentation, including the release notes, would be a better default
than just the release notes.

A brief page with links to:
release notes (local file)
FAQ (local file)