Firefox etc. default homepage

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sat May 7 21:41:58 UTC 2005

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Kyrre Ness Sjobak <kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
>

>>It is, at least to some degree, "pushed down their throat", as a user
>>who clicks on "web browser" expects that, and nothing more/less - not a
>>big manual about how the computer they happen to open the webbrowser on
>>ticks.
>>

>Well, if they would actually _read_ the instructions that come with
>the most complex machine a normal user can buy on this planet it
>would certainly prevent a lot of, let's say "unnecessary" questions,
>now wouldn't it?

Well, I don't really feel strongly about all this, but it seems to me
that for end user problem solving purposes, http://www.google.com/firfox
would be more useful, with perhaps a bookmark to the fedora-list
archives and the release notes preinstalled. And perhaps remove the
numerous and confusing bookmarks that direct the user to all the
different and various ways to spend money with RedHat. ;-)

-Steve