rpmbuild problem in FC4 release 1290

Jeffrey Buell jbuell at vmware.com
Wed May 11 20:08:11 UTC 2005

I have used rpmbuild several times with recent releases, but have never seen
this problem before.  I'm using release 1290 (1288 did something similar).
The tail end of the output of

rpmbuild -bp --target=i686 kernel-2.6.spec

is:

scripts/kconfig/confdata.c: In function 'conf_get_default_confname':
scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:62: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1
of 'conf_expand_value' differ in signedness
scripts/kconfig/confdata.c: In function 'conf_read':
scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:88: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1
of 'conf_expand_value' differ in signedness
.config:2477: trying to assign nonexistent symbol NETDUMP
CONFIG_X86_REBOOTFIXUPS
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DELKIN
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IT821X
CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_AIRPRIME
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_HP4X
make[1]: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 6
make: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22022 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22022 (%prep)

The .config file doesn't even have NETDUMP in it.  The other parameters
listed are all not set.  Any known problems with rpmbuild or am I missing
something?

Jeff