What happened to pup?

Damian Christey christey at csee.wvu.edu
Sun May 22 15:15:14 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 22:11 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > What happened to pup - the yum GUI frontend that was so much talked
> > about?
> >
> > Its not in FC4-t3...
>
> It's merely set back. I'll send an update out next week
>
> Paul

When last I checked out your cvs all I found was a small test app.  Has
development moved elsewhere?

While I'm not suggesting that Pup be abandoned, you and others might be
interested in this project I found: http://yumex.sourceforge.net/

Yumex aims to be a simple GUI to yum, written in Python and GLADE,
develoment is quite active on the branch for FC4:
http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/news/

At the moment it is quite functional, but could use some UI love in some
areas.

Cheers,

Damian