Physical location of Posix message queues

William Beebe wbeebe at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:27:42 UTC 2005

I'm porting an application from Solaris to Fedora Core. Everything is
fine except for one issue regarding the use of Posix message queues.
In order to solve this problem I'd like to know where the message
queues are physically located. Where on Fedora Core (or Linux for that
matter) are the message queues located? I've tried just looking on the
file system and I've tried looking in the code for a Clue (both the
kernel and glibc). If someone could just tell me, or if there are
pointers to other documentation explaining some of the finer details
of Posix message queue implementation on Linux I'd appreciate it.