Firstboot: Module to add other OS partitions' entry to fstab

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Mon May 30 16:46:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 01:56 -0700, Prasad H.L. wrote:

> I've developed a firstboot python module which can
> detect other OS(currently only windows) partitions and
> add entries to the fstab. It also creates a user group
> which has access to those partitions.

I'm wondering if this is best done automatically in anaconda (the
installer), rather than getting the user to do it manually during
firstboot?

Currently anaconda does this on PPC, and enters the OS X partition in
yaboot automatically...

> I would like to know whether the firstboot developers
> are interested in seeing and using it in future
> releases of Fedora. If so, I'll send the module as an
> E-mail attachment.

But yeah, as Rahul mentioned, Bugzilla it.
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/