Open Office 2.0 - GNOME integration

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Nov 3 12:35:27 UTC 2005

Caolan McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:52 +0100, Igor Jagec wrote:
>
>>Is there any chance to see the GNOME version of Open Office 2.0? SUSE
>>10.0 and Ubuntu 5.10 have it, but not FC4 and Rawhide which uses some
>>generic icon theme, or something. It looks much better...
>

> What you mean is "the Novell version of the icons", rather than the
> "GNOME version" as the gnome integration features and components are the
> same in FC4, upstream and Novell/Ubuntu. There's no functional different
> in that arena.
>
> If you volunteer to verify that all the icons are correct, and there no
> left arrows for used for "right" etc. then perhaps :-)

As OOo changed the way it use icons, is really easy to change the icon
set, just replace the /usr/lib/openoffice.org/share/config/images.zip
file and you are done.

So is just a matter of "lifting" images.zip from a SUSE or Ubuntu
install and start testing.

PS: I'm still thinking the Bluecurve OOo icon set from FC2-FC3 was the
most beautiful OOo icon set ever (despite the fact it was incomplete,
partly Bluecurve and partly Industrial)

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats