FC5test1 devel freeze, November 14th

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:51:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 21:47 -0500, John Ellson wrote:

> >> Will this also fix the problems with USB cameras  (all 457 different
> >> types of USB camera, afaict) ?
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > These fixes are all limited to removable storage.  I was unaware that
> > there were problems with USB cameras.  Do you have a bugzilla I can
> > reference?
> >
> > Jon
> >

> Yes:  #170690, #168933, #150985, #165914
>

> John

If the camera is seen as a removable usb storage device, which it sounds
like these are, then yes it will.  The quick way to tell if it will fix
your problem is look in the /media directory.  If you camera is being
properly mounted in there and the only problem is it is not showing up
on the nautilus desktop or in drive applet, then these problems are
mostly resolved.

Jon