Requirements with modular X

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Sat Nov 5 22:20:34 UTC 2005

Warren Togami writes:
> In addition to the lack of XFree86-devel and xorg-x11-devel,
> /usr/X11R6/lib will disappear so packages that previously hardcoded this
> path will need to be fixed.

A package needs the truetype fonts luxi*.ttf.  Because of the package
name change from XFree86-truetype-fonts to fonts-xorg-truetype
previously, I made the requirement be
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/luximbi.ttf etc.  I also have a similar
dependency on the xhost program, solved in the same way.

There won't be any way to have a requirement on these fonts for all
three levels: XFree86, monolithic xorg, modular xorg, will there?
(The XFree86 based system I need to support is RHEL3, so this is maybe
"semi off topic".)