Where should the modular X11R7 fonts get installed to?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Nov 6 16:08:22 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 06 novembre 2005 à 10:13 -0500, Mike A. Harris a écrit :

> I'm currently of the opinion that we should install the X.Org
> fonts into "/usr/share/fonts/X11", to have them installed into
> an FHS compliant location, but also in their own namespace, thus
> avoiding conflicts with other packages.

Actually, I'd rather you used xorg-x11, since I doubt every single X11
implementation uses the same font set and avoiding useless patch
conflicts is nice.

PS

is server startup still failing when it doesn't find "fixed" ? On a
modern fontconfig desktop fixed is not used anywhere

PPS

I don't think any of your modular packages obsoletes xorg-x11 or
xorg-x11-libs, which may cause yum update problems

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot