Sabayon Screencast

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:53:20 UTC 2005

On 11/7/05, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:
> I used vnc2swf, which is very nice for doing screencasts, does Istanbul
> work similarly? If someone could recode the file as ogg that would be
> very nice.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

as the page says you need the gst-plugins from rawhide. The magic that
makes this possible was introduced in gst-plugins post fc4. There are
of course performance caveats. I've packaged this up in
extras-development specifically with the hopes that people will start
using this and feel inspired to contribute back to upstream gst to
make the performance better.

You can skip using istanbul entirely and use a gst pipeline in a
terminal if you want to be super geeky about it.

-jef