ATTENTION: XFree86-devel and xorg-x11-devel will no longer exist very soon.

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 05:47:02 UTC 2005

Charles Lopes wrote:
> Would it be a bad idea to have an update for FC3 and FC4 of their
> current xorg-x11-devel with additional provides (libX11-devel,
> libXinerama-devel)? This would make it easier to recompile FC5 SRPMs on
> these older systems.

I plan on doing that in the next FC3/FC4 updates, but that will wait
until there is a good enough reason to do another FC3/FC4 update.  There
are a few bug fixes and driver updates that could potentially be a part
of that too.  Current priorities are aligned with getting modular X into
rawhide however, so an FC3/FC4 update isn't on the radar currently,
but it will happen at some point.