init observations

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Nov 16 15:36:31 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> said:
> I'm talking about modprobe. I agree, not a bit problem
> (~2.5s), but I was wondering if we can start X before it.

X yes.  GNOME, probably not.  GNOME likes to see the network and many of
the applets only check for things on start-up (like sensors, sound,
etc.).  For example, system sensors are not hot-swap on any system that
I'm aware of, so the applets are not typically written to handle that.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>