init observations

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Nov 16 15:57:51 UTC 2005

From: "Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta at gmail.com>
> non-networked... meaning no local loopback?  The network service
> doesn't just handle external route  it starts up 127.0.0.1 as well.
> I'm not sure requiring 127.0.0.1 to be available is unreasonable

It would be nice to not depend on localhost, but I agree, it's reasonable
to assume its there. In any case, bringing localhost up should be
a lot faster then up the others, no?

BTW, it would be an interesting experiment to see what happens if
127.0.0.1 is not up. There will be a time when it's needed, I agree.
At which point we would need a clean way of waiting on networking
to be brought up. Hopefully this is after the user enters their
username and password.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.