questions and issues about the modular X updates

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:53:37 UTC 2005

I just updated my rawhide system to the new modular x.  I have been reading
some of the threads discussing this and I have a couple of questions:

1.  With modular X (when released) have support for automatically turning on
numlock when I start X?

2.  When I did the yum update all of the xorg-x11-drv rpms downloaded.  This
is 56 files several of which I don't need.  I have a Number nine Revolution
IV video supported by the i128 package.  I don't need the cirrus, trident,
s3, nv, etc packages, but I can't uninstall them.  I get
rpm -e xorg-x11-drv-trident
error: Failed dependencies:
        xorg-x11-drv-trident is needed by (installed)
xorg-x11-drivers-0.99.2-3.i386
Will I be able to uninstall unnecessary drivers?

3.  My Microsoft Intellimouse explorer (usb) no longer functions as
expected.  I still have
        Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option "Buttons" "7"
        Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
in my xorg.conf.  I also have the mouse.sh file in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d
#!/bin/sh
# /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/mouse.sh
# Required for the configuration of a 5-button mouse
xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"
In short the back and forward buttons work as a scroll.  How can I fix this?

If I need to open bugzilla tickets I will be happy to do so.  A quick guess
would be to file #1 and #3 will bugzilla.freedesktop.org, and #2 should
probably goto bugzilla.redhat.com.  Would this be correct?

Thanks,
Jason