Modular X

Chris Chabot chris at allset.nl
Thu Nov 17 09:32:17 UTC 2005

Odd behaviour i had on my laptop (which is fully up to date, or should i
say yummed :-)). When the RgbPath is "broken" (pointing
to /usr/X11R6/....) my xterm works perfectly, however if i 'fix' the rgb
path to point to /usr/share/X11/rgb, xterm gets white borders and the
text is invisible..

I do have something of a custom XTerm / XTerm-color in app-defaults
with:
*VT100*colorMode: on
*VT100*boldColors: on
*VT100*dynamicColors: on
*VT100*color0: black
*VT100*color1: red3
*VT100*color2: green3
*VT100*color3: yellow3
*VT100*color4: blue3
*VT100*color5: magenta3
*VT100*color6: cyan3
*VT100*color7: gray90
*VT100*color8: gray30
*VT100*color9: red
*VT100*color10: green
*VT100*color11: yellow
*VT100*color12: blue
*VT100*color13: magenta
*VT100*color14: cyan
*VT100*color15: white
*VT100*colorUL: green4
*VT100*colorBD: blue3

But that shouldn't break it should it? Worked well with xorg 6.8.x.. And
when i comment out the Rgb path it works well again. Odd behaviour :-)