Simple content management systems.

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Nov 20 10:00:03 UTC 2005

Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 11:09 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>

>>Um.  Hello?  How exactly is that "open source" or "GPL"?  I'm not
>>quite sure.
>

> It's not. It is GPL with the advertising clause, which isn't the GPL at
> all. Actually, I don't know what that is, as per GPL you aren't allowed
> to put any additional restrictions on the code, apart from ones
> specified in the text of the GPL. They probably think they are "oh, so
> smart" :-(

Indeed.  I dunno about the rest of you, but it infuriates me when
I see people put out software as "GPL licensed" and then invalidate
the license by putting additional restriction clauses.  In this case,
the invalid additional restriction clauses are extreme enough to
indicate these people have no clue whatsoever about what the GPL
actually states (or they don't care).

"Limbo" is a trademark of Lucent Technologies.  Anyone happen to know
who runs the legal team at Lucent? ;o)