init: API

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Nov 20 11:57:47 UTC 2005

Le samedi 19 novembre 2005 à 23:25 -0700, Lamont R. Peterson a écrit :
> On Saturday 19 November 2005 03:18am, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le vendredi 18 novembre 2005 à 19:16 -0800, Pete Zaitcev a écrit :
> [snip]
> > Just use vim for syntax highlighting and xmllint to check the result.
>
> xmllint?  Have you ever used it for any serious XML work?

Yes. Serious x-thousand-lines XML files processing

>  It isn't very accurate.

It *is* accurate. What you may have is applications which accept things
their XML schema forbids, which is an app problem, not an xmllint one.
In fact in my experience xmllint is one of the most accurate checkers,
and any deviation from the specs is fixed as soon as it's reported. 90%
of "xmllint" problems are apps which do not follow the XML spec and them
blame xmllint for pointing out their files are buggy.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot