xmkmf in modular X

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Sun Nov 20 21:48:47 UTC 2005

Quoting Bojan Smojver <bojan at rexursive.com>:

> Anyway, I'll have a look at a few Makefile.am examples in order to port
> to the new build system...

After shamelessly cannibalizing some of the Makefile.am/configure.ac
files from X11 apps package, it looks like xbrightness builds with the
autotools  and puts itself in /usr/bin and /usr/share/man directories.
Nice ;-)

I tried contacting the author of xbrightness before, in order to
clarify licensing issues, but I got no reply. So, don't count on the
package being submitted to Extras any time soon :-(

--
Bojan