status of up2date and rhn-applet

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:14:03 UTC 2005

On 11/26/05, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think this has more likelihood of being abused than useful.  Also,
> doing it in a reasonable fashion is difficult due to the variety of
> formatting that's really needed.  As the tools get better and easier to
> use, though, I think you'll find less "use this random URL to use bar's
> repository" and more "go to bar and add them" when we have the ability
> to more easily do "click on repository, get asked about adding it"

I think you are absolutely wrong.  The recipe writers are still going
to continue to aggregate multiple repositories into their own "click
here to add the 5 repos I use in one easy to use step."   Unless
Amazon patents that procedure first.  You are too hopeful, you need to
spend more time in meathead-space.

-jef