fc5 goals

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:01:50 UTC 2005

On 11/29/05, Gilboa Davara <gilboada at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Sorry for being OT, but why do you use Dell as a Milestone?
> While Dell is the biggest US desktop supplier, it hold less then 18% of
> the global desktop market. In Europe and Asia, Dell is almost
> non-existent.
> If Dell chooses to produce low-end DVD-less machines, this their
> prerogative. Fedora must not make decisions based on a single
> manufacturer.

Fedora doesn't make decisions on what distributors in Asia do either.
But you'd be absolutely blind to how development for Fedora is done to
not notice that there is a bend towards US-centric experience based
decision making simply because of where the decision making is
happening.   I have to use something as a strawman and that was the
obvious choice.

-jef