custom selinux policy

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 16:32:41 UTC 2005

Laurent Jacquot wrote:
> Hello,
> I can no longer build my custom selinux policy with recent upgrades (SE
> policy source replaced with SE policy).
> What is the new way (used to be make reload)?
>
> tx in advance
> 	jk

You need to  use loadable modules.  Take a look a the man page for
audit2allow, for some explanation.  I don't know if we have a good
description available yet for loadable policy.

The hardest part of converting your local.te into a loadable module will
be writing the require section.
You need to define all types, class and roles in this section in order
to get the loadable module.
       module local 1.0;

       require {
               role system_r;

               class fifo_file {  getattr ioctl };

               type cupsd_config_t;
               type unconfined_t;
        };

       allow cupsd_config_t unconfined_t:fifo_file { getattr ioctl };