Dependency problems in Rawhide...

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:39:26 UTC 2005

On 10/8/05, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <casimiro.barreto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dependency Problems in Rawhide (i already know that it eats babies...)

Uhm... these all look like dependancy problems on your machine or with
a mirror you are attempting to use and not problems on rawhide itself.
Please read over the daily rawhide build reports either in
fedora-test-list or fedora-devel-list to get a summary of known
dependancy problems for that day's rawhide tree.  The fact that none
of these problems are listed in today's report is a good indication
that the problems you are seeing are most likely not in the rawhide
tree and that you should look carefully at the package set you have
installed or attempt to use a different mirror. In fact I can't
reproduce any of these errors. Simple inspection with the repoquery
tool indicates that rawhide, at least for the i386 tree is not to
blame for these errors.

* in rawhide right now we have usermode-gtk-1.81-1
which requires libwnck-1.so.18.   There error you give below is being
generated from a version of usermode-gtk that does not exist in the
most recent rawhide tree.  You should grab yum-utils from fedora
extras and play with the repoquery. Its a pretty good tool for
diagnosing these sorts of things.

* the latest mozilla in rawhide is mozilla-1.7.11-5 which satifies the
devhelp package requirement you have listed.

* rawhide no longer contains any package that provides libnautilus-burn.so.1
libnautilus-burn.so.2 is now provided. totem and gnome-media in
rawhide both require
libnautilus-burn.so.2 now

* nspr-4.6-4 exists in rawhide and provides nspr >= 4.6

-jef